Lemon Juice Mask for Oily Skin
Here is a fantastic mask that you can make at home to help rid your skin of extra oil and help reduce acne!
Here is what you will need:
- 1 Apple
- 1 Teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of either dried sage, lavender or peppermint.
Lemon juice is a natural antiseptic. When lemon juice is used as part of a facial mask, it can help to clear dirt and bacteria on the surface of your skin that can cause pimples and breakouts.
Lemon juice also acts as a natural toner helping to bring down the level of PH in your skin. Dried sage, lavender or peppermint are also great acne fighting herbs and have lots of antibacterial properties. Lastly, the apple adds lots of a great nutrients and vitamins back into the skin.
Here’s how you prepare the mask:
- Boil or bake the apple till it becomes soft.
- Next take 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of either dried sage, peppermint or lavender and mash it all together with the apple.
- Now place the mixture onto your face and let it sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
Like most home remedies the key is to to use them consistently, if you have very oily skin try using this mask at least 2- 3 times a week.