How to Grow Lashes Longer
Have you ever wanted longer, stronger and more beautiful eyelashes? Here are some great tips on how to grow longer lashes naturally, as well as essential ingredients to look for when purchasing a lash growing serum.
1. Be Clean and Gentle!
- Always remove makeup and gently clean the eyelids every night.
- When removing mascara never pull, pinch or rub eyelashes in a circular motion, as this will greatly damage lashes.
- Remember to always wash your hands before touching the eye area.
- Just like the hair on your head- eyelashes need to moisture too. Oils full of mono-saturated fats will plump strengthen and lengthen lashes.
- Apply a light layer of these moisturizers on clean eyelids every night like -Vaseline, organic coconut oil, organic olive oil, castor oil, vitamin E oil and almond oil
3. Take Your Vitamins.
- Biotin, Vitamin B-3, Vitamin C, and Calcium all help the promotion of hair and eyelash growth by stimulating blood flow to hair follicles, repair and prevent dry brittle lashes, create longer and stronger lashes and will boost the immune system to help protect the hair follicles from infection.
- When taking any supplement always check with your doctor first for possible side effects.
4. Active ingredients to look for in lash serums:
- Bimatoprost (also called Lumigan) found in products like latisse is the main ingredient that produces the fastest lash growth. Most products containing bimatoprost in the US are prescription only.
- Bio-peptides strengthen lashes.
- Hyaluronic Acid – moisturizes and strengthens lashes.
All eyelash treatments take time to produce results, if used nightly expect to see longer lashes in 2-3 months!
Be careful when using any eyelash growth product or moisturizer. If eyes become irritated, red, or cause a burning sensation discontinue use immediately!